At Asto, we’re changing the lives of Small Businesses by giving them to power to take control of their cashflow. Our innovative suite of simple and powerful business tools, combined with our forward-thinking tailored finance options, enable SMBs to focus on growing their business, their way. Through a combination of Fintech talent, and with the backing of Santander bank, we have the perfect blend of a fast-paced, customer-led environment, and a solid foundation from a world-leading brand.
We are hiring a Senior QA Freelancer to join the Asto team, on a day rate fixed term contract until the end of the year. You ensure that all developers can and do write automated tests that cover system functionality from end to end, and that these tests are smart and give us the confidence to do continuous deployment.
You come up with test plans and build on/devise ways to improve the existing automation framework suite.
You will be responsible for assuring product quality for each new release. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the team fully understands the quality processes such as defect management, definition of done, story structure, test types, purpose of environments etc.
You design for testability into our systems.
Required Skills and Behaviours
• Experience writing automated tests for web applications, mobile apps, APIs and backend services
• Design for testing approaches of complex microservice systems
• Cypress, Detox, PACT, jest, Rspec or similar testing libraries
• End to end testing frameworks and implementations
• Thorough understanding of testing concepts, methodologies and processes
• Experience evaluating and improving testing infrastructure
• Experience isolating, replicating, and reporting defects and verifying defect fixes
• To know how to leverage monitoring and reporting tools to provide quality metrics
• The ability to discern what could/should be automated and what would be better tested by a human
• Work closely with product manager to define acceptance criteria for each user story and translate these to cucumber tests
• Confirm testability of any development effort upfront with developers before code is written
• Provide input for backlog grooming and estimation
• Manage / maintain QA environments and implement continuous integration testing with our platform team. You will work closely with developers to resolve issues, bugs and real time production issues
• Experience of writing and performing load testing
• Demonstrate ownership and responsibility by making commitments to the team about what you will achieve and communicate honestly about what has been achieved
Role and Responsibilities
• We are small but play a vital role in the engineering organisation
• Our role is to support every phase of development and ensure we are delivering high quality products
• We identify potential issues that could degrade the customer experience quickly and ensure they are fixed
• Experience of working in the Fintech industry
• Experience with PACT contract testing
• Knowledge of integrating tests with a Device farm