We’re a bunch of techies, creatives and friendly finance folk, who’ve run our own businesses and side gigs – and helped others do the same. So we’ve come together, with Santander’s backing, to shake things up.
What if doing expenses from paper receipts was as simple as snapping a selfie? And you could get a clear view of your finances with a simple heads-up?
We’re here to save you time. Cut headaches. Smooth hassles. To make repetitive admin, endless paperwork, and tedious typing into spreadsheets, a thing of the past.
So we’ve created a place – for quick answers and inspiration. Business owner to business owner. A growing resource from people who go through the same as you.
And we’re making an app – your pocket business helper. Always on hand to make working life simpler.
Play a central role in supporting Asto’s legal function, delivering sound and trusted core legal support.
- Draft and negotiate a broad range of bespoke commercial agreements, including those with a technology focus.
- Advise in relation to various regulatory changes which present both an opportunity and challenge for the business, including those regulations impacting data, payments and financial services.
- Support major projects and transactions working closely with senior management and instruct and manage external counsel.
- Review and maintain all terms and conditions for mobile applications and website ensuring they are compliant at all times.
- Keep abreast of, and contribute to industry consultations and debates related to regulatory and market developments in financial services innovation.
- Provide guidance and training to for all relevant legal and regulatory areas.
- Experience of advising businesses from a legal perspective on the development of innovative products and services, ideally in the financial services sector.
- A good understanding of basic retail banking product propositions, their mechanics, risks and revenue streams.
- A sound knowledge of the regulatory regime impacting financial services generally and innovations in particular, including emerging regulations impacting data, payments and open banking.
- A solid knowledge of basic legal concepts and standards for the purpose of negotiating ancillary provisions in contractual arrangements (e.g. indemnities, guarantees and insurance provisions).
- Previous in-house experience in the banking or financial services sector.
- Major law firm experience advising innovative clients would be helpful (but not essential).
- Excellent collaborator and communicator.
- Excellent negotiator and influencer.
- Flexible approach.
- Strong organizational skills to operate effectively in a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
- Current Solicitor’s Practicing Certificate for England and Wales, with at least 3 years PQE
Must be eligible to work in the UK.