We’re a bunch of techies, creatives and friendly finance folk, who’ve run our own businesses and side gigs – and helped others do the same. So we’ve come together, with Santander’s backing, to shake things up.
What if doing expenses from paper receipts was as simple as snapping a selfie? And you could get a clear view of your finances with a simple heads-up?
We’re here to save you time. Cut headaches. Smooth hassles. To make repetitive admin, endless paperwork, and tedious typing into spreadsheets, a thing of the past.
So we’ve created a place – for quick answers and inspiration. Business owner to business owner. A growing resource from people who go through the same as you.
And we’re making an app – your pocket business helper. Always on hand to make working life simpler.
Develop all server-side components and integrations to ensure the Asto back-end can adequately deliver the functionality, stability, security and performance to serve the front-end clients and the ambitions of the platform.
Specifically this role will focus on the following themes:
- Develop the core back-end services of our platform, supporting the mobile apps and ultimately a smooth customer experience
- Build technical integrations with strategic third parties
- Participate in Agile development streams involving product, design, backend and frontend engineering
- Contribute to code reviews, pair programming
- Ensure the delivery of quality software, via reusable, testable and efficient code
- Perform functional and technical analysis
- Support automated continuous delivery and monitor services in production
- Demonstrate a balance between technical excellence and rapid delivery
- Aid growing Asto into a leading tech company
- Knowledge of modern Java in the context of building backend services (with Spring Boot, Maven, other languages a bonus)
- Demonstrable understanding of computing fundamentals, object orientated programming, micro-services, service oriented architecture, integration patterns (Kafka a bonus)
- Some knowledge of containerisation and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes a bonus)
- Experience building and interfacing with RESTful APIs (HTTP/JSON), and Web Services (SOAP/HTTP)
- Some understanding of client-side or front-end web tech (HTML, CSS, JS) to communicate with mobile and front-end devs
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases (MongoDB a bonus)
- Experience with AWS or other cloud IaaS providers is a bonus
- Experience with version control (Git)
- Experience of Agile Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery ways of working, BDD and TDD, and use of a DevOps toolset
- Experience in unit, integration and system test automation
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Resilient to change and pace whilst also showing resourcefulness and the ability to work through challenging problems
- Optimistic, open and personal
- Relevant degree in Engineering/Computer science (or similar)
- Industry experience is desirable