At Asto, we’re changing the lives of Small Businesses by giving them to power to take control of their cashflow. Our innovative suite of simple and powerful business tools, combined with our forward-thinking tailored finance options, enable SMBs to focus on growing their business, their way. Through a combination of Fintech talent, and with the backing of Santander bank, we have the perfect blend of a fast-paced, customer-led environment, and a solid foundation from a world-leading brand.
Chief Technology Officer
The Head of Engineering role will lead the engineering organisation to deliver customer experience across all our system. You will evolving our culture and engineering practices, lead hiring, mentoring and success for our people, so that we become an employer of choice.
Role and Responsibilities
In this role you make sure we have the right skills and knowledge in house, through hiring and training and that we enhance where necessary through external resources. You are driving alignment across all squads, resulting in shorter time to market.
What’s in it for you?
• We have a very ambitious vision and you will be able to shape the team, culture and practices to help us achieve this, while bringing in new technologies and ways of working.
• Since we are still small, you will be able to shape the role to your strengths and work with the team to fill the gaps.
• We are proud of having built the best digital loans process in the industry.
• The team is the engineering organization within Asto. We work closely with other parts of Santander Digital on the transformation of the bank.
• We are a very diverse team, with a strong emphasis on equal opportunity.
• Engineering management
• People and performance management
• Experience of making agile work consistently
• Ability to manage stakeholders and balance the need for speed, delivery and quality
• You create clarity of vision, and hold your teams accountable for their commitments
• You lead your team through changes and growth
• Domain driven design
• Experience in start-ups and scale-ups
• Polyglott developer
• Experience in high performing teams
• Development of complex software systems
• Modern technology stack and engineering practices, including AWS, Microservices, CI/CD
• Event sourcing architectures