This is an exciting opportunity for a Data Analytics Specialist to join Asto. We’re a dynamic fintech start-up, backed by Santander.
This role is for someone who is passionate about creating a real impact and driving commercial business strategy.
You’ll wrangle data, turning it in to valuable insights for Asto colleagues and customers. By creating powerful visualizations and dashboards, you’ll bring our data to life in a way that is inspiring, compelling and interesting to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
You’ll produce accurate and insightful analysis with our data to improve our understanding of the business and shape the future of Asto.
What You’ll Be Doing
• You’ll work closely with our CTO & Technology teams to ensure data becomes an integral part of our technical architecture and guide the direction of our data infrastructure
• You will Support the product teams in the design and delivery of data requirements
• Integrate product data to support design, validation, testing, customer profiling etc.
• Provide predictive modelling to support commercial decision making
• Provide statistical analysis of business performance
• Work with Head of Credit Risk to monitor the performance of our lending and finance portfolio and credit model. Automate operational & risk KPIs to create early warning systems
What you`ll need to be great at
• Data analysis – identifying trends and patterns in our data
• Data modelling – using our data to create predictions of the future
• Data visualization – turning our data in to powerful dashboards and reports for the business and our stakeholders
• Data scouting – extending the value of our data through identifying relevant external and 3rd party data sources
• Data strategy – coordinating the requirements of the customer and the various business areas to map out what our data future looks like
• Data maturity – support the various business areas in identifying and adopting modern data and analytics tools and practices in their specialist area
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong SQL skills
• Proven track record in generating analysis to drive commercial action and impact
• Rational and creative thinking skills
• Strong communications and stakeholder management skills
• Knowledge of statistical, modelling and other advanced analytical techniques
• Understanding of the enterprise product portfolio and customer base
• Experience of working with large data sets and big data and the ability to manipulate large and complex data sets and translate it into clear and concise insights
• Implementation and operation of data visualization tools (esp. Tableau)
• Interrogation of data using SQL and other relevant tools
• Desirable: Data science related experience
• Desirable: Commercial, Marketing, Credit experience
• Product focused – understands how data/insight can drive product and business decisions
• Intellectual curiosity – constantly questioning, always learning
• Business minded – solid understanding of our business & industry
• Communication skills – ability to use data to tell a story or explain and idea/concept
• Teamwork – will need to work closely with engineers and leadership team alike.
Bachelors in a relevant subject (CS, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering etc.)